Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A visit from the President - ok, maybe not

Today we were playing outside at Keri's in the back yard. The weather was so nice. A man was walking door to door in the neighborhood and he saw Keri sitting in the back yard watching us play so he came back to talk to her. When Matty saw this man walking into the back yard he yelled "look at the brown man". Yep, you guess it, this man was "black"/African-American. It didn't look like just any black man. This man was Barack Obama. I was sure of it. I said to my friends in a very loud voice "It's Barack Obama!" We all started yelling "Hi Barack Obama." He couldn't believe we knew who that was.

Turns out though it was NOT the President. This man was a Jehovah's Witness. I think I have an Great-Aunt that is one of these and Mommy and Daddy have some friends that are. I've heard all about them. They go around knocking on doors trying to convert people over to their religion. The most ironic part is that this guy, due to his religion, can't even vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment