My head has been hurting lately and I've not wanted anyone to comb my hair. I've also been grouchy and very tired. Mommy just thought it was a phase. Well Wednesday morning she noticed a bug in my hair. Upon further investigation she noticed LOTS and LOTS of bugs in my hair. She told me it was head lice and we needed to get it out right away. Daddy went to Walgreens and picked up a lice removal kit. I had to sit in a chair for 10 minutes with this smelly medicated shampoo on my head. It was supposed to kill the yucky bugs. Then Mommy and Daddy took turns combing the lice and nits (lice eggs) out of my hair. There were TONS of bugs. Mommy called the doctor and she said to buy a Robi comb. You use it on dry hair and it makes a humming sound when you use it. When it picks up a louse (singular term for lice), then it stops humming so you know to clean out the comb. Mommy used that on me too. Then she did this really cool thing. She put mayonnaise on my head and a shower cap over it. This is supposed to smother the lice and nits. I kept it on for a few hours. She washed my hair and then went to work again combing the nasty stuff out. While all of this is going on Mommy and Daddy are frantically cleaning and doing laundry. LOTS of laundry. Tonight, Mommy used the Robi comb on my hair again. The doctor told her to use it every night for a week or two, just to be one the safe side. After that she wanted to look for more nits. I was not having it. Ya know what I have sat still long enough. I'm tired of it. So, I resisted. Guess what though? Mommy is paranoid that we won't get all of the bugs killed so I got another mayonnaise and shower cap treatment. YES!!! Daddy put it on my hair. As he put it on there I said "This feels SOOOOO good." I get to sleep in it tonight. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. In the mean time, check me out in my shower cap.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Bugs, Mayo and a Showercap
My head has been hurting lately and I've not wanted anyone to comb my hair. I've also been grouchy and very tired. Mommy just thought it was a phase. Well Wednesday morning she noticed a bug in my hair. Upon further investigation she noticed LOTS and LOTS of bugs in my hair. She told me it was head lice and we needed to get it out right away. Daddy went to Walgreens and picked up a lice removal kit. I had to sit in a chair for 10 minutes with this smelly medicated shampoo on my head. It was supposed to kill the yucky bugs. Then Mommy and Daddy took turns combing the lice and nits (lice eggs) out of my hair. There were TONS of bugs. Mommy called the doctor and she said to buy a Robi comb. You use it on dry hair and it makes a humming sound when you use it. When it picks up a louse (singular term for lice), then it stops humming so you know to clean out the comb. Mommy used that on me too. Then she did this really cool thing. She put mayonnaise on my head and a shower cap over it. This is supposed to smother the lice and nits. I kept it on for a few hours. She washed my hair and then went to work again combing the nasty stuff out. While all of this is going on Mommy and Daddy are frantically cleaning and doing laundry. LOTS of laundry. Tonight, Mommy used the Robi comb on my hair again. The doctor told her to use it every night for a week or two, just to be one the safe side. After that she wanted to look for more nits. I was not having it. Ya know what I have sat still long enough. I'm tired of it. So, I resisted. Guess what though? Mommy is paranoid that we won't get all of the bugs killed so I got another mayonnaise and shower cap treatment. YES!!! Daddy put it on my hair. As he put it on there I said "This feels SOOOOO good." I get to sleep in it tonight. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. In the mean time, check me out in my shower cap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment