Today I had my three year old check-up. I weighed 27 pounds and I'm 37 inches tall. I'm still tall and thin (and very cute too). I also had to have a lead poison test because Mommy wasn't sure when Keri's house was built. She thought it was prior to 1978 and the Dr told her the State of Illinois wanted me to have this test. They put a needle in my arm and took lots of blood. I was so brave.
Before they did it Mommy told me exactly what would happen. Then I laid on the table and she hugged me (held me down). She told me to close my eyes and take a deep breath and that would make it not hurt so bad. Then she talked me through it. She kept rubbing my head and telling me it would all be over soon. I did great! I didn't cry or anything. My Mommy was protecting me. Did it hurt? YES! Did it made me sad? YES! Mommy didn't lie to me though. She told me it would hurt and that it would all be o.k. Then, on the way home because I did soooooo good she bought me a milkshake from McDonalds! YUMMY. I've never had one of those before. That made it all worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment